Saturday, August 30, 2008

Test a site on a mobile device?

Just curious if anyone had a mobile device with web access and is willing to check the mobile version of our website. If you go to www.abwebsitedesign.com with any mobile browser, it should seamlessly redirect to the mobile version. Please let me know your thoughts.

My Thoughts
I don't have a mobile device with Web access, but when I need to test pages, I use Opera in small screen mode. To get into that open Opera, browse to the page, and then in the View menu, choose "Small screen".

The drawback here is that because Opera is not running on a mobile device, it won't automatically switch. But AbWeb has placed a link at the very top to switch to the mobile site. The mobile site is nice - clean and easy to follow. The only thing I don't really like is that it seems like most of the content is missing. But I suppose that's okay to assume that people wouldn't need all of it from their cellphone.

More Help with Designing Mobile Sites

What do you think?
Do you have a cell phone or mobile device you can test this page in? What do you think of it? Even if you don't have a device, what do you think of the mobile pages in your standard browser? Let us know by posting in the comments or answering the post.

via:about.com



1 Comments:

At August 31, 2008 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Jennifer Kyrnin said...

Copying the complete text of a blog post, including all images - is theft - both of copyrighted material and of bandwidth (the image is still hosted on my site).

If you find my post valuable, please LINK to it, rather than copying it outright.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home